[THIN] Re: Office 2003 applications hang

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:04:45 -0600

damn jeff, you've been having rough luck the past couple weeks. try changing up the voodoo dance or something......

Jeff Pitsch wrote:

well we had an application hang already this morning. I've compared the MST with a straight install onto TS and the options look the same. Very very frustrating....

On 12/20/05, *Jeff Pitsch* <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Yea we've turned off the memory optimizations because of some
issues. I'm hoping we survive the rest of the week without any
problems. that will pretty much guarantee we will be turning off
cpu optmization across the farm at that point.
Jeff Pitsch

On 12/20/05, *Evan Mann* <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        No cpu or memory optimizations enabled. When I asked about it
        on the list, I got a few people who said it caused major
        problems, and others who said they have had good luck.  Seemed
        to be hit/miss.  I have a few apps that could greatly benefit
        from memory optimizations, but I'm leary to mess with anything
        since I'm not in a CPU or memory deprived setup currently.

        *From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            *From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        *From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx