[THIN] Re: Office 2003 applications hang

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:29:02 +0800

Interesting. I can't believe that no one has come across that before. So
what version of UPHClean were they using?

Cheers,
Jeremy.

             "Jeff Pitsch"
             <jepitsch@xxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Office 2003 applications
             16/03/2006 04:18          hang
             AM

             Please respond to
                   thin

Ok, in the final analysis from Microsoft, the problem was the simple fact
that the customer was using an older version of UPHCLEAN.  UPHCLEAN was
deleting some registry entries too early and Office was trying to write to
them after they were removed sending the process into a nasty little loop.

Jeff

On 3/14/06, Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Jeff, just following up on this one.  Did disabling the error Reporting
  Service eventually fix the issue?

  On 1/25/06, Jeff Pitsch < jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
   No.  It's other applictions as well as Outlook and it affects
   applications that don't necessarily access the network.

   Jeff

   On 1/25/06, Ruben Spruijt <Ruben.Spruijt@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
     Hi Jeff,

     It's not this issue ..? (below)