[THIN] Re: Office 2003 Suppress User name popup

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:13:09 +1000

Hi

Thanks for the email.  I would really like to implement this via an ADM file in
Group Policy if at all possible.

Thanks
Ang

From: cwegener@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Office 2003 Suppress User name popup
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:41:40 +1100

Hi Angela,

You would need to pre-populate the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\UserInfo Key with the UserName,
UserInitials, Company values.

You could either, create a login script that does this, create
and ADM file for the keys, include the values in your default user profile, or
you could enter this information at the Office installation time, when Terminal
Services redirects HKCU changes to the shadow area (though I won’t
recommend this last option)

I am sure, someone with a little more time here, will be able to
provide you with some script snippets to include in a login script.

Cheers,

Christoph