[THIN] Re: Off Topic: Netbooks

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 23:13:01 +1100

Our clients love the mini's and netbooks, especially those that allow the HSPA/
3g Mobile sim card
to be inserted just behind the battery. In fact we have just done a replacement
of old wyse
terminals with Dell mini's for users who need portability and use Citrix 'on
the run'. The perfect
solution. When they are in the office, they plug into a montior keyboard and
mouse and use PN
agent to connect to apps.

I personally have 2 Dell mini's, 1 with windows 7 and one has Mac OS (Snow
leopard) so I can
program iphone apps. They run like a dream.

Worked well with imaging windows 7 using ghost too.
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

On Thu, Feb 11th, 2010 at 6:17 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is waaaaaay off topic, but I am curious what everyone's opinion
> is with
> regard to netbooks.
>
> My wife wants one, and they all seem roughly similar between MSI,
> Acer,
> Lenovo etc.
>
> or are such a commodity item nowadays the point that it really
> doesn't
> matter.

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist