[THIN] OT:Reporting rogue IP address

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:41:27 -0500

Sorry for the once again off topic question but I promise this is the
last one for the day!

A server on the Internet keeps sending us email (same rogue IP)
everyday. I have blocked the rogue IP but everyday I see the logs
showing this IP address. I also sometimes receive NDR reports from
companies saying email can't be delivered and the source IP is again
this rogue IP (they are spoofing our domain name).

I have contacted the ISP for the IP and they claim they have contacted
the company and yet months have gone by and everything is still the same
(I have reported this to them several times to the ISP). Is there any
government agency, or Internet body that I can report this IP to in the
hope that some action will be taken to shutdown this IP address?

Thanks for any advice,

Network Administrator