[THIN] Re: OT now how much will it cost

  • From: "Bernd Harzog" <Bernd.Harzog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:09:31 -0400

Now, you realize you have just asked for a sales pitch :)

The math for duals. Duals cost around $6000 by the time you add in the =
OS license, the memory, the networking, power, and rack overhead. You =
can get at least 33% more users per server by putting TScale on it. That =
means that three licenses that cost you $3000 and you get the same =
capacity as a purchase of a dual (and you get control of rogue =
applications thrown in for good measure). Bottom line, you save $3,000.

The math for quads. Quads costs at least $12,000 by the time you add =
everything in. You can get at least 33% more users per server by putting =
TScale on it. That means that three licenses that cost you $6,000 and =
you get the same capacity as a purchase of a quad (and you get control =
of rogue applications thrown in for good measure). Bottom line, you save =
$6,000.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Bernd Harzog