[THIN] Re: O/T choice between Hybrid profiles question

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:02:34 -0600

CCS is ok. It's a VBS solution with a custom com object.

Their web interface for modifying the XML files is clunky. I tend to
just edit the XML files directly. (Of course they might have fixed it
since I have stopped using it).=20

It has a automatic install (another VB script) that is pretty easy to
setup.

The drawback I have is their limited look at it. Last time I did it I
had to customize their script to pull some ADSI info to find the user's
home dir. The problem is they assumed that ALL users had the same server
hosting home dirs and used the same drive letter... Had to script it and
pull these into variables for the script.

The other drawback I see is that it uses an Admin account that requires
elevated privileges on the metaframe servers AND in the user's home dir,
where something like the flex kit runs as the user and does not need
that.=20

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server=20