[THIN] Re: OT - Windows XP Thin client PC rename / sysprep query

  • From: "Anthony Saliba" <anthony_salibas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:53:24 +1100

Hi

I am using the version of sysprep that came with the XP CD.  All parts of
the sysprep worked but I noticed some icons loosing all their details - ie
the path to the exe so something obviously doesn't work.  It renamed the PC
and added it to the NT4 domain with no issues though..

Anthony

Are you using Sysprep 1.1 or newer?  1.1 was released for Windows 2000 =
but I
am unsure if they released newer for XP Pro.  I have not tried Sysprep =
on XP
Pro myself but Iknow I do not have the icon problems you speak about =
when I
use it on 2000 SP3 machines.