[THIN] Re: OT - Windows Media Player

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:17:40 -0000

Cheers lads,

Looks good so far.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms
Sent: 03 March 2009 16:11
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT - Windows Media Player

Warren Awesome Link!  I ran it up on my Vista PC and can now even do
MPEGS along with Divx

Best download site I found was at:

http://www.free-codecs.com/FFDshow_download.htm

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot
Monetize your Twitter Profile: https://www.twittad.com/a/vA

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

ffdshow is the best codec. It's never failed me yet in over 4 years of
using it. It's a sourceforge.net <http://sourceforge.net/>
project so just google it and you see many versions out there. I use
rev2693.
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au
<http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au/>

Quoting "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> Need some feedback on the type of codec you guys are using in Vista
> for
> users to play video files?
>
> The Microsoft site links me too a roxio plug in or upgrade to
> Ultimate
> edition so there are costs involved.
>
> I have managed to successfully download K-lite codec and this seems
> get me working but as this seems to be shareware and has links on
> the
> site to reg cleaners and the like, I'm a bit concerned what other
> mal
> ware this is installing on the machine.
>
> Is there a know safe codec's that can be installed on Vista Business
> without compromising security or is It best to purchase something
> like
> the Roxio plug-in?
>
> Thanks
> Ronnie
>
> Visit our website : www.ltai.ie <http://www.ltai.ie/>
>  __________________________________________
> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Limited. Registered in Ireland.
> Reg. No. 45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
> Co.Dublin.
> Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland Leasing Limited. Registered in
> Ireland.  Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole,
> Co.Dublin.
Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com <http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com/>