From: Braebaum, Neil [mailto:Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 9:20 AM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT? WSH Logon Scripts

Just out of interest, why is it you wish to get away from Kixtart -
you've
mentioned the WAN thing, is it the Kixtart caching functionality that's
causing issues, or have you genuinely found performance differences in
WAN
environments between the two scripting technologies?

I honestly think, for much of login script activity, that Kixtart can't
be
beat. And anyways, nearly always the best choice is the tool you're most
familiar with.

Personally I use Kixtart, WSH / ADSI / vbscript, and normal command
files
for various things - but I honestly think that for login processing
stuff,
Kixtart is the optimal choice - especially if you know it already.

I would have thought you'll have plenty of opportuinity to use and learn
WSH
/ ADSI / WMI stuff, from lots of other admin tasks you'll no doubt find.

Neil

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and are intended for=20
the above named recipient only. If this has come to you in error,=20
please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
system. You must take no action based on this, nor must you copy or
disclose it or any part of its contents to any person or organisation.

Statements and opinions contained in this email may not necessarily=20
represent those of Littlewoods. Please note that email communications=20
may be monitored.=20

The registered office of Littlewoods Limited and its  subsidiaries
is 100 Old Hall Street, Liverpool, L70 1AB.=20
Registered number of Littlewoods Limited is 262152=20