[THIN] Re: OT: VMware and NLB

  • From: "Ruben Spruijt" <Ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:21:44 +0200

Hi Chris,
This is the situation:

Server 1:=20
Windows Server 2003=20
Name: SRVTS04
IP: 192.168.1.104
Using Bridged NIC of Vmware GSX 2.5
Only one NIC in NLB farm

Server 2:
Windows Server 2003
Name: SRVTS05
IP: 192.168.1.105
Using Bridged NIC of Vmware GSX 2.5
Only one NIC in NLB farm

NLB Parameters:
Cluster IP: 192.168.1.120
FQDN: ts_cluster.evaluation.local

What have I done:
- set on both nodes the correct Network Load Balancing properties
- add on both nodes the cluster ip address as "secundairy" IP adres on
the NIC
- Play with filtering modes, port range, ...=20

After the configuration there are no IP conflicts etc. only problem is
that the server with the last ID (e.g. 2) has no IP connection to the
network.
So after configuring this last node I can't ping other machines on the
network.
When I disable Network Loadbalancing en remove the cluster IP address
from the TCP/IP properties other servers can be pinged.

I did read several NLB articles...
Any ideas ?
With regards,
Ruben