[THIN] Re: OT: Storing Password with Reverse Incryption

  • From: Christopher Wilson <christofire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:51:29 -0600

Yeah, I found the same article after this was fixed.  A coworker of
mine was cleaning up inactive accounts and scaling back who had admin
access, etc. in remediation of a security audit.  The service accounts
were always set not to expire, but the reverse encryption deal sounded
like a good idea to them, but it was not researched.  In hind sight
this seems like an unnecessary change.

I was trying to verify my hunch that ticking this property (making no
other changes) was what broke my datastore connectivity.

It's kind of academic at this point, but thanks for the responses.

CW