[THIN] Re: OT: Replacing an open file

  • From: "White, Michael S" <Michael.White@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 08:54:22 -0500

You can clear all connections to that file which would require admin rights.
Or try renaming it and copying the new file in it place.  As soon as the
process connecting to that closes the backup file will be available to be
deleted.

I do this to update applications when necessary.  I know it is possible if
only a user process is accessing the file.  I haven't tested this on files
being used as services.  I question these because I remember we use to have
issues closing connections on these.

Michael White