[THIN] Re: OT: Question for Trend A/V users

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:54:19 +0200

As a European, buying Trend seems impossible. "Contact reseller",
"reseller unavailable" No prize listings, etc. More searching.. found
a "premium partner" with an actual "buy" link. Its going to
nl.trend-micro.eu, click on purchase, back to locating a reseller...

As a side-note, ye olde McAfee 4.5 still works like I want it. Its
still updated with an auto ftp script, its deployed with an autologin
script.
Never had issues with it. Ah, and no subscription fees.

I wont select McAfee again, since I hated the 5 and 6 products. But
symantec? I guess I should try those again.

For now im playing Norman antivirus, small, cheap. So far it works
well with Exchange and TS'ses where we have it.

On 9/13/05, Jim Kerr <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My personal favorites are Symantec and Trend.  McAfee is garbage IMHO.

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2