[THIN] OT: Print driver scripted install

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:08:52 -0500

In the never ending saga of doing more with less I have a number of
sites that have no print servers (actually no severs at all). They us
Citrix entirely for all their needs including printing to IP printers.
However without a Windows print server it is a real pain when you need
to add another printer.

Does anyone know of a way to create scripted install packages for print
drivers on Windows 2000 and XP? The script would need to setup the IP
based printing using Windows IP printing.

Ideally I'd have the user point there web browser to an Intranet website
and download a package that would include the driver and the scripted
install of the driver. Thanks for any suggestions.

Network Administrator