[THIN] OT: PC hangs caused by svchost.exe

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:51:02 -0400

I recently upgraded a number of computers to Office 2003. I've started
receiving calls complaining about slow PC or PC hangs for a while when
using Outlook and other office applications. I've investigated and found
the svchost.exe spikes to 100% usage for about 30 or so seconds. I ran
process explorer and found it seems related to the windows update as
shown in below screen shot.

I've tried KB894391 and KB932494 and it seems a little better but still
showing high cpu utilization. Interestingly enough I have not had any
issues within Citrix.

Anyone else run across this or any suggestions?

Matthew Shrewsbury
Director of Information Technology

JPEG image