[THIN] OT: Outlook > Calendar Options > Time Zone -- Anyway to set this without being the user?

  • From: Leon Jaimes <slyride@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:06:22 -0700

Hello,
We are running Office 2003 on MFPS 4 on W2K3 Sp1.
We just noticed that the users get Pacific time for the Time Zone setting in
Outlook Calendar Options.  I looked in the Outlook adm template and that
setting is not there.  It is not int the custom install wizard either.  When
users try to change the setting is tells them access has been denied by
admin.

So while composing this I was searching the registry and found a time zone
setting related to citrix, so i went into the CMC and found that in
Farm>Properties>Metaframe Settings I had the Use Clients Local time
checked.  Unchecked that, had a user log off and on and Outlook was showing
the server time.
Just thought I'd post this anyway in case someone else runs into this and
searches the list, although I feel somewhat sheepish about not knowing that
in the first place, gues I better study some more for the CCA.