[THIN] Re: OT: Network IP routing issue

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 15:08:08 -0800

Do you have an internal DNS server running?
-George

Michael Boggan wrote:
Ok here is something that is driving me nuts. We have internet access in our datacenter. Inside we have 10.10.99.x ip scheme. We use a pix firewall to do NAT from external ip to internal ip. We cannot ping or hit in anyway, the external ips from inside. For example. I have a webserver inside the firewall. From outside we can hit www.domain.com with no problems. But from inside we cannot hit www.domain.com or go to the external ip address. Is there some kind of routing or someway to fix this? Not being able to hit those addresses can be a severe problem for some of our internal wan clients.

Thanks,

_________________________________

Michael Boggan
Network Engineer/Citrix Admin
Virtual Desktop Inc.
Dallas, Texas
Ph: (972) 960-6400
Fax: (972) 960-6445
email: mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.virtualdesktopinc.com

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
 what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus

than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147