[THIN] OT: Linux

Concerning Red Hat Linux

I'm loading a program in my .bashrc file and it is loading before X
finishes loading (the main menu, panel, desktop icons, etc. are NOT
loaded).  I would like this program to load and then continue loading
everything else.  If I close the program, everything will continue

I've tried doing a command& but this didn't work either.

Thanks!
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20