[THIN] OT - IP address

  • From: Bill Beckett <Bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:10:19 -0400

Just wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this. I check our security
logs every day and noticed something that to me at least, is odd. A user
logs in from home and said user has a broadband connection and a wireless
router (Linksys, netgear, that variety). If I check the security log and
look at when the user disconnected from their session it has the EXTERNAL
address provided by the ISP. However, if I go into Citrix Metaframe Admin
and look at their disconnected session which is still hanging out there, hit
the Information tab, it gives me the internal address (192.x.x.x in this
case) of the PC behind the router. So, eventvwr gives the ISP assigned IP
while MFAdmin gives the interal IP. Anyone know why the difference?