[THIN] Re: OT?: HyperThreading

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:32:23 -0400

Ron,

My bad - sorry.  http://www.intel.com/support/platform/ht/os.htm

So far my testing indicates that lightly loaded servers perform better with
it turned off, heavily loaded servers with it turned on.  The OS gets fooled
into loading up logical processors on the same physical processor sometimes.
When I'm done I'll be getting this written up with the details.

If you have a handy link to the HP docs, please send.  I'll search for it if
you don't.

tim