[THIN] Re: OT- Go back Function

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:57:16 -0700

LKGF doesn't restore HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. I learned that two weeks ago
writing the program that puts icons on all desktops even when folder
redirection is in use. I accidentally hit Del at HKCR\CLSID. Oops!
  As for rollback, if you use VMWare GSX to deploy your production
machines as guest operating systems, rollback is one mouse click. It
makes backup/restore/duplication of machines a snap. I haven't done it
in production yet, but I built an AD/Exchange sandbox to test a
domain/Exchange migration and it was awesome. After installing the host
OS on a Dell 2650, I got 4 guest OS's up in about an hour, and most of
that was building the first one.
  I realize that this information probably doesn't help you now, but
it's something to consider for the future.

Jeff Durbin