[THIN] OT: GhostScript

  • From: Aaron Dokey <adokey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:30:33 -0400

This is a little bit off topic, but I know some of you use ghost script on
your citrix servers.

I'm using ghostscript in a script to convert from ps to pdf as well as from
pdf to ps... I'm using the ps2pdf.bat and pdf2ps.bat scripts to do the
conversion.  My problem is that the resulting files (either PS or PDF) are
-HUGE-, like over 20MB from a ~2MB source file (either PS or PDF).  I've
trampled through the ghostscript web site and found nothing... I've tried
various options, again to no avail.  Has anyone solved this little problem
before?  I also have another peculiar problem, when generating PS from PDF
in gsview using the psmono driver I can't set it at any other DPI than 72
w/o having the image shrunk down to less than a quarter of original.

Again, thanks... I would have posted this to the ghostscript mailing lists,
but it doesn't appear that they have one for lowly users... And I don't have
news.

Thanks,
Aaron

Aaron Dokey - MIS