[THIN] Re: OT: Effect of Solid State drives

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 09:26:19 -0700

Aside from the OS support part, haven't we done this already with RAID
controllers that have blocks of RAM on them? It always impresses me how much
faster these controllers are then ones without RAM. Taking that solid state
portion up to multiple gigabytes certainly would make a huge difference for
disk bottlenecks.

BTW- Why does Windows still depend so much on the hard drive when we are so
much RAM available?? Tim, I think this question is for you :-)

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85262