[THIN] Re: OT: Effect of Solid State drives

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 13:30:29 -0400

If you add Virtual Machines to this line of thinking, then one might
conclude that there should be a market for "special-purpose" Oss.  Specially
built minimal bloat OS that supports the application needed.  Linux
Appliances are the closest to this idea today, except of course Linux is
also a general purpose OS.  I think all that is needed is the compelling VM
application that wants the benefits (smaller footprint and more secure) of a
small custom OS.