[THIN] Re: OT: Disk Grooming application

  • From: "Christopher Checca" <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 10:54:09 -0600

I use a simple VB script to backup all the files to another server and then
delete any file that is 360 days old.  I do this the first Sunday of the
month, helps to keep the file server clean of old stuff and if someone
complains about needing an old file, I can recover it quickly off the backup
server.  For the most part people don't miss it if it hasn't been updated in
360 days.

Logs---

      Total    Copied   Skipped  Mismatch    FAILED    Extras

     Dirs :      3083         0      3083         0         0       838

    Files :    148616         0    148616         0         0     15599

    Times :   0:00:23   0:00:00                       0:00:00   0:00:23

Total Files Counted = 249491

 Total Files Deleted = 80462

 Logging Disabled : 12/1/2004 6:00:22 AM

Christopher Checca