[THIN] Re: OT: Disk Grooming application

  • From: "Eilers, Lee" <lee4@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:40:21 -0500

Veritas Storage Migrator is one product

  _____

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Armstrong, Robert
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 11:39 AM
To: 'Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] OT: Disk Grooming application

Greetings,

I apologize for the off topic post, but I need some assistance.  We have
a  windows 2000 file server that contains several hundred thousand files
(approx 250 thousand) and we are adding 3k plus files per week.  I'd
like a product that can "groom" files based on certain criteria
(creation date, last accessed date, file name, etc).  We need to be able
to archive the groomed files for later retrieval if necessary and
getting to the archived files needs to be simple for our users.  Does
anyone know of an application that will provide us with the ability to
manage these files?

Thank you,

Robert Armstrong
Manager of Information Technology
Invesmart, Inc.
4550 Lena Drive, Suite 201
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
p: (717) 591-8900 x132
f:  (717) 591-9822
e-mail: robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:robert.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  _____

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the
intended recipient, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action
based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by sending a
reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

  _____