[THIN] Re: OT: Dell and HP (Compaq) Servers

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:06:59 -0400

I'd rather have a RAID5 then a RAID1 even if I can get more capacity.
It's not always about capacity.  Most of my 1750's are resource type
machines and don't even use up the 73x3gig RAID5 array's that I have.
Oh well, I guess Dell is looses that edge on 1U's in having 3 HDDs,
bummer.

I don't see why they say it will be better performance.  RAID5 is faster
then RAID1.