[THIN] OT: Deleted Item retention and Reserving CPU for "system"

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:55:05 -0500

*       Is there a way to prevent users from purging deleted items in Outlook?
We DO NOT want to do this from the local desktop as it would be a management
nightmare.  We would like to enable this on the Exchange Enterprise.

*       Is there a way to reserve a small portion of the CPU to the system?
For example, poorcodedprog.exe eats 100% of the CPU and we can't determine what
/ why the server is hanging, we can't determine the root cause. If
poorcodedprog.exe eats 90%, we know what prog is causing the problem and the
system is still semi-usable.

  _____

Brian Claus, A+, Network+, MCP
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
 <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx