[THIN] Re: OT: Dead PDC

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:44:28 +0100

If you do not have a backup, nor a replicated server, then your SOL.
Reinstall. You just lost ALL you domain info. So far the official
party line.

(but...you could try to get a mostly identical machine, and swap the
disk, provided the hardware is not all to different it will boot, and
you will be saved)

Gr Richard

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:22:15 -0000, Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I know it's not a PDC (Native Win2k3 domain), it's a GCS or whatever.
> However, it's dead â motherboard has died. We are trying to source a new one
> but it's an old machine so not convinced this will happen. And it's not
> backed up.
>
> At the moment we cannot add users or do much of anything that requires AD
> change.
>
> Assuming the PDC stays dead what can we do to regain control of the AD?
>

> nick
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint, GmbH
for Microsoft Terminal Services
http://www.thinprint.com/dotprint/index.php?sh2&lc=1