[THIN] Re: OT: Compaq Proliant 1850R boot message

  • From: Anthony_Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:42:58 +1000

Jan

Assuming you have no hardware errors being reported, I believe you can
bypass this by going into your BIOS, in Adv mode and there is an option
that allows the system to boot the OS without the F1 prompt (you must be in
Adv mode to see this option).  I know other Proliant versions had it, Im
assuming your model is the same

Anthony

                    "Ziots, Edward"

                    <EZiots@Lifespa        To:     "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    n.org>                 cc:

                    Sent by:               Subject:     [THIN] Re: OT: Compaq
Proliant 1850R boot message
                    thin-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    31/10/2002

                    02:41

                    Please respond

                    to thin

Actually Jan, I would  go into the F10 prompt and review all the settings
ensure nothign has changed, then save the changes. It might still show the
F1 and F10 prompt but should bypass this within 1 min. I have 1850R and
1600R that do the same thing, but no issues with a prevent of a boot unless
there was a misconfiguration.

Also, do you have the lastest FIRMWARE on the system, check the ROM date
out, the 5.40 or 5.50 SMART Start CD will have the latest utilities.

EZ