[THIN] OT: Color printing that defaults to b/w

Is there a way that I could default a print driver to B/W? If the user
wants to print color they would have to go in and make the selection of
printing in color.

We have a number of people printing to a HP LaserJet 5500DN and the
consumables are running around $15,000 per year. I've observed that most
people printing to it really don't need to print in color but they are
to lazy to select another printer or select B/W. Since there is no way
to track each users printing they have no reason to try and reduce the
amount printed in color.

Sorry for the off topic post but someone on here normally knows the
answer. Thank you for any suggestions!

Senior Network Administrator