[THIN] Re: OT: Batch file from Performance Monitor

It won't seem to let me enter more than one argument i.e. no parameters
so it chokes on the /c.

I tried
c:\windows\system32\cmd /c c:\windows\alert.bat

Got "The specified program or command file does not exist""

shortened to
c:\windows\system32\cmd /c
same error

shortened to
c:\windows\system32\cmd
which it accepted.

>>> Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/6/2004 1:18:35 PM >>>
did you try adding a cmd /c to the command line that calls the batch
file?
adam

                      "Matt Kosht"

                      <matt.kosht@arete        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      ch-is.com>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] OT:
Batch file from Performance Monitor
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      12/06/2004 10:53

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

OK I suffering some brain-lock here. Solicitiing advice.   Seems very
simple but I am missing something here not obvious to me.

I have an Alert setup for a counter (say % CPU).  I select the option
to log to Application Event log which works great. I also check the
"Run
this program" and put the path to a batch file which echoes %1 to a
text
file (see below). This works fine on the command line.  I have the
command line arguments set to "single argument string".
Nothing happens.  I have tried putting just notepad.exe in there and
nothing.  The App event shows up so I know the alert has been
triggered.
 I am stumped.

***Alert.bat
@echo off
echo %1 >> c:\alert.txt
This Weeks Sponsor Activaeon.com
Reduce licensing costs with activAeon XA and
get one month completely free.
http://www.activaeon.com