[THIN] Re: OT: Backup Software

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:55:56 -0400

Amanda is the open source product?  While they sell a supported version
(support is a requirement), the server only runs on NIX, and I'm not
interested in adding NIX into the environment and the management
overhead it incurs.
Has anyone used/trialed MS Data Protecting?  Pricing is very attractive
and it would cover Windows/SQL/Exchange. I could use Vizioncore's
products for the VMware side of things.