[THIN] Re: OT: Ad's & Spyware

  • From: Craig Buxton <Craig.Buxton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 13:54:16 -0600

I'm using them in my environment.  Previously I was using the GPO item for
"Run Only Allowed Applications," but it is quite a task to find every
executable needed for programs to operate correctly (although improved in
that programs launched by allowed apps are allowed to run).  This eliminates
the problem of having somebody rename install.exe to winword.exe and be able
to run the installer because now I can control that only e:\program
files\office10\winword.exe can run.  I have really only used the path
options, but you can restrict based on file sizes and various attributes,
SSL certs, IE Zones, etc.

-Craig

Craig Buxton - MCSE, CCA
Systems Administrator
College of Business & Public Administration
Drake University