[THIN] Re: OT: Add MAPI client to Win2000 install

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:00:35 +0100

Which MAPI app are you tring to use?

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Mann [mailto:emann@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 October 2002 19:43
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] OT: Add MAPI client to Win2000 install

Anyone know what has to be do to enable a MAPI client installed with Outlook
to be useable on a Win2000 computer without Outlook.

I copied the entire \MAPI folder from my Win2000 Workstation over to a
Win2000 server and tried to register MAPI32.DLL and ran the .CPL to create a
profile but the program that is trying to use MAPI still isn't working.

There has to be some way to do this without installing Outlook.

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent
alternative to Citrix® MetaFrame ? for
delivering and managing centrally-deployed
Windows-based applications
http://www.newmoon.com