[THIN] Re: OFFTOPIC --- unable to access internet

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 09:46:45 -0400

*I know it is probably unrelated to your issue Jason but I have been setting
up VM's in Hyper-V of Windows 7, Vista, 2008 Server, XP etc to create a
virtual network to test some products. For some stupid reason even using
legacy adapter settings the network would not connect in my Windows 7,
Server 2008, and Vista images no matter what I did. *
*I found a reference to running a command to reduce the power settings. Sure
enough running this command on each of the VMmachines that would not connect
worked. I don't know why but here it is. Open an elevated command prompt and
type:*
**
*powercfg -setactive SCHEME_MIN
***
*While this may not help in your situation it may help someone else fighting
to get network adapters to work.
*
**
*Jim Kenzig