[THIN] OFFTOPIC --- unable to access internet

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:37:43 -0400

This has had me stumped for a LONG time, and given the fact I have a work
around, I haven't messed with it in over a year

I have Cable modem service with Charter.
Hanging off the cable modem I have a Belkin F7D4302 wireless router.  My PC
will not successfully get internet connection through this router.  I have
access because I hooked my older Linksys router to one of the ports on the
Belkin and connect to its wireless network.  Every other device we have,
ipods, ipad, other laptops, tablets, etc... can connect successfully to the
Belkin and get internet access.  As far as I can tell, when I connect to the
Belkin I cannot get an IP address.   I know the password is correct because
I get "limited" or local only access when I connect.

My laptop is running Windows Vista home premium 64bit version.  I have blown
the router away to factory default more than once and I still cannot get a
connection.  I would like to have everything running on a single network if
I can, and especially on the Belkin since It has a network drive and I
really want to start backing up my stuff.

I realize this is way off topic, but got any suggestions?
I have tried to make sure windows forgets the network, and have renamed and
rebuilt the network SSID several times.  is there anywhere windows remembers
the MAC address of the router?