[THIN] Re: OFF TOPIC - about Name Servers

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:31:12 +0100

You'd have to ask, though - why would you be bothered about the zones
run by an alien DNS server? ;-)

The question(s) I phrased to you was / were quite salient:-

> How do requests in one of your zones, manage if the record is
> in another domain?
>
> How does one particular zone, know about the other?

If you have a DNS server that itself wants to manage numerous zones -
unless you want it to go bouncing off elsewhere, in order for the
request to be told that *it* itself can resolve the query, is for the
various zones to be informed. They are so informed by various records.
This being the case, nslookup is your friend.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale