[THIN] Re: Not quite OT regarding windows 2000

  • From: "Roy A. Tokeshi" <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:59:13 -0400

You will need to change the server to application server mode.

But another thread brings up the possibility that you could add another
group to the rdp-tcp conection in connection configuration and grant a
group interactive logon rights.  That might do it. You aren't supposed
to be able to login with anyone but admins in remote admin mode.  But
you cold try.  Let us know if it works.

Hth,
Rat

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:45am, Nick Smith wrote:
> We have an application that runs only on one server (Note:server, *not*
> Terminal Server) running Windows 2000. Previously, this app had been
> run
> by technicians who had administrative rights, and thus were able to log
> on to the server (Which, BTW, is a DC). Our client now wants two
> non-technicians to run the app. Our immediate response was to suggest
> they buy a new PC to run the app on, but no go. Can we allow non-admins
> access to the Administrative RDP on W2K? And if so, how?
>
> Ta for any help,
>
> Nick
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale
> What's keeping you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did
> you
> know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest
> constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the
> real constraints & how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up
> rather
> than buying more servers.
> http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm
hth,
rat
Roy A. Tokeshi
602.614.4931

http://www.tokeshi.com/articles
<apology>Sent from handheld. Please forgive spelling, punctuation, and
gramatical errors.</apology>