[THIN] Re: New Server: Need advice

  • From: Marco Cortigiani <tuscan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 22:49:12 -0400

Wilson,
What version of Peoplesoft are you going to install? I presume some
flavour of 7.x since version 8 is web based. I implemented 3 peoplesoft
module, basically the company ERP system on Citrix. Installing
Peoplesoft in a multiuser environment is quite a challenge. You need to
address the issue of the application individual caches, printing, number
users per servers etc etc. I don't think that you are going to have
problems with the OS or the Hardware, the biggest challenge is going to
be the fine implementation of a single user application in a multiuser
environment. We had to spend a lot of time to integrate this
application. Check the citrix knowledgebase
http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry!default.jspa?categoryID=122&entryID=412&fromSearchPage=true

for articles about like this related to the integration of PS.
We used just HP/Compaq for servers, I don't have any experience with Delll.

Marco