[THIN] Re: New MS Terminal Server

I can't help with #1 but for #2, do you print to these printers with the
Windows Zebra driver or do you send ZPL commands from the application?  We
have many Intermec printers in use and rely on IPL commands to print to
them.  When I've had issues like you're seeing, I've taken a standard
laser or inkjet printer and connected to it to see what is actually coming
out of the port because if you are communicating with ZPL commands, 1
missing character can cause havoc.   This would at least give you a
direction to look in.

Good luck.

Regards,
Scott DeLagrange
CIBA VISION Corporation
IT Global Supply Chain Applications
CIBA VISION Corporation
11460 Johns Creek Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Phone: 678-415-3299
Fax: 678-415-2609
Email : Scott.DeLagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web : http://www.CIBAVISION.com

"Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/15/2009 03:14 PM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: New MS Terminal Server

Tony,
Not sure what a loopback group policy is or how to check.
I looked in the event viewer, it just says that the printer printed, the
printer is connected to the Wyse terminal via LPT cable.

Thank You
~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X211
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#1, I log directly into the machine as Administrator, yet I only have the
choice to log out, not restart or shutdown?!?
#2, When I log in as a user, I cannot add a printer, if I add it as
Administrator, the user cannot use it properly.
These 2 are the current BIG issues.
Any thoughts?

Thank You
~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X211
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message, including any attachments, is for

privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

GIF image