[THIN] Re: New M.S. Terminal Server.

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:44:48 -0800

OK, so I have now completely rebuilt this server, ground up, I checked
policies, I checked connections I have banged my head diligently.

The Admin part is fine, it is just the flipping printer issue, I have
tried everything I can think of and all the suggestions, nothing, no
printing, though it seems to think it is printing fine.

But I log out of TS-3 and back into TS-2, everything works just great,
prints and everything. That tells me #1, it is not the printer, #2, it
is not the terminal.

Both servers are in an OU called Terminals, one works, one does not. The
only difference is, the old server is a P4 w/2GB RAM, the new one is
Athlon 64 w/4GB RAM.

Both are Windows server 2003 with every available update, patch and
service pack installed. I am logging in as Administrator on the console,
and it will not print to the Zebra TLP2844 printer that is connected via
parallel cable directly to the Wyse 3150SE thin client terminal running
MS WinCE 5.00.

Thank You

~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X211
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#1, I log directly into the machine as Administrator, yet I only have
the choice to log out, not restart or shutdown?!?

#2, When I log in as a user, I cannot add a printer, if I add it as
Administrator, the user cannot use it properly.

These 2 are the current BIG issues.

Any thoughts?

Thank You

~Doug Rooney