[THIN] Re: New Dell 1650 questions?

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:15:30 -0400

I have some 15K drives from Dell.  They're Cheetah's.  Not sure if theyre
X15 or the newer X15-36LP.  In any event, they're rock solid and FAST and
they are great drives.

15k RPM drives probably unnecessary for TS servers . I have them in SQL
servers.

    Date: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 9:42:20 AM CDT =20
    Catalog Number: 04 04 =20
PowerEdge 1650:   PowerEdge 1650,Intel Pentium III,1.4GHz w/512K Cache

Additional Processors:   Dual Processor Intel Pentium III,1.4GHz
w/512K=20
Memory:   1GB SDRAM,133MHz,2X512MB DIMMs   1GB2D  =20
Keyboard:   No Keyboard Option   N   [310-3281]  =20
Monitor:   No Monitor Option   N   [320-0058]  =20
Power Source:   AC Power Option for Dell PowerEdge 1650   ACPWR
[310-1357]  =20
PCI Riser:   PCI Riser,2x64bit/66MHz slots   64BPCI   [430-0288]  =20
Second Hard Drive:   18GB 15K RPM Ultra 160 SCSI Hard Drive  =20
First Hard Drive:   18GB 15K RPM Ultra 160 SCSI Hard Drive   Primary=20
Controller:   PERC3-DI,128MB Battery Backed Cache,1 Int,1 Ext Channels-
Embedded RAID   ROMB128   [340-3605]  =20
Diskette Drive:   1.44MB Diskette Drive   FD   [340-3612]  =20
First Network Adapter:   Dual On-Board NICs   OBNICS   [430-8991]  =20
CD ROM or DVD ROM:   24X IDE Internal CD ROM Drive   CD24X   [313-0317]

Bezel:   Active Bezel Option for Dell PowerEdge 1650   BEZEL
[313-0868]  =20
Hard Drive Backplane:   3 Bay (1x3) Hot Plug SCSI Hard Drive Backplane

Documentation:   Users Manual,Installation and Trouble Shooting Guide on
CD  =20
Hard Drive Configuration:   On-Board RAID1,2 drives connected to
on-board RAID   MR1   [340-3607]  =20
=20
=20
=20
   Dell PCs use genuine Microsoft(r) Windows(r) =20
    www.microsoft.com/piracy/howtotell=20
=20
 =20

Ron Oglesby