[THIN] Re: NY-London TS

  • From: Jeremy Thomas <jeremy.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 15:24:48 +0200

Yep - it will work.

I've worked at various places where they use TSs to provide this sort of
service to offices in New York and Japan.

You could have problems with bandwidth or latency - It depends on what
application(s) you need to run and on what printing requirements you might
have. There are ways and means of alleviating these, and as there's so many
possible parameters, it's virtually impossible to make a firm recommendation
about what's going to be right for you. You need to fight through it and
troubleshoot it until you reach a workable compromise.

The best thing I could suggest is to start by reading the relevant bits in
Brian Madden's "Citrix Metaframe Advanced Technical Design Guide".

>>> nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 22/07/04 11:24:07 >>>
My London (UK) based client has  a need to access a couple of applications
from his new New York office. There will only be 3 staff in the NY office -
maybe rising to as much as 5!

I've never done TS work across the Atlantic. Can anyone who has give me any
comments about latency or other experience. My concern is that using TS -
otherwise a good plan - will be very slow.

Any thoughts?

Nick
http://www.go-eol.com