[THIN] Re: NFuse servers extremely slow response

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:36:35 -0800

So, being born on the 13th of the month means that I'm doomed??

Alexander Danilychev wrote:
> You should never name server #13 - always skip and go to #14.
>
> ALEX
>

>>From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: [THIN] Re: NFuse servers extremely slow response
>>Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:13:06 -0000
>>

>>Just to let you know that the problem was due to the one of the servers
>>mis-behaving with the XML service. I say mis-behaving but what I really
>>mean
>>is it got posessed by the Devil himself and decided to carry out a denial
>>of
>>service attack on the farm. I think he posessed the citrix users as well as
>>they weren't too happy with the farm being down for nearly an entire day.
>>The problem was only tracked down when the XML port was change for some of
>>the servers and that functioned fine. Eventually by trial and error we
>>tracked down the server that was posessed. And even more proof that the
>>server was posessed was the number of the server, it was our cy13 server.
>>
>>Anyway, havn't been able to rtp into it yet to check out of the event logs,
>>so I don't know what it could have been doing that could have jamed up the
>>entire xml service on the farm.
>>
>>Tom

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
  what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus

http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=79