[THIN] Re: NFuse servers extremely slow response

  • From: "Monahan, Thomas" <Thomas.Monahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:13:06 -0000

Just to let you know that the problem was due to the one of the servers
mis-behaving with the XML service. I say mis-behaving but what I really mean
is it got posessed by the Devil himself and decided to carry out a denial of
service attack on the farm. I think he posessed the citrix users as well as
they weren't too happy with the farm being down for nearly an entire day.
The problem was only tracked down when the XML port was change for some of
the servers and that functioned fine. Eventually by trial and error we
tracked down the server that was posessed. And even more proof that the
server was posessed was the number of the server, it was our cy13 server.

Anyway, havn't been able to rtp into it yet to check out of the event logs,
so I don't know what it could have been doing that could have jamed up the
entire xml service on the farm.

Tom