[THIN] NEOhio CiTR!X Users' Group Meeting 2/10

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:14:59 -0500

FYI
Please RSVP to Stephen Gray if you can attend.
JK
The NEOhio CiTR!X Users' Group is getting stronger!
We had more than 40 people attend our meeting in December - a new high
participation mark!!
Our thanks to Adam Fogelman and his team from the Cleveland Clinic, and to
Brian Stearman, Citrix Systems Engineer, for their presentations that made
last month's meeting such a success!
Congratulations to Jim Kenzig and Matt Lesak on being elected co-presidents
of the North East Ohio Citrix Users' Group at our December meeting!
Jim is the MIS Manager for the Cuyahoga County Library and is CTO for the
popular website used by thin-client computing advocates and technologists,
TheThin.Net. Through Jim's efforts, the Cuyahoga County Library has been
home for three NEOCUG meetings, and is being made available for future
meetings (even numbered months) as well.
Matt is the team lead Technical Architecture and Citrix deployment at The
Lubrizol Corporation and is a Microsoft /Cisco Certified Instructor at
Lakeland Community College, where he teaches courses leading to Microsoft
/Cisco Certifications .
What would be more appropriate than to have one of our new co-Presidents
present to our members....
FROM ZERO TO 60 - IN 3 WEEKS
Imagine going from a standing start (traditional client server) to a 100%
server-based computing (Citrix MetaFrame with thin-clients) environment in
just 3 weeks. Now imagine doing that in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil!
This is just one of the interesting challenges met by the Technical
Architecture team at The Lubrizol Corporation - let by Matt Lesak. Matt will
discuss a variety of application roll-outs at Lubrizol, including their
Citrix deployment of Internet Explorer, MS Office, SAP, Citrix Secure
Gateway, and others.
LET'S GET CONNECTED
At previous NEOCUG meetings we've heard from various Citrix users about
their wireless solutions, and from a few different vendors on everything
from wireless LANs and WANs to breaking into wireless networks. At Monday's
meeting, Citrix will address the business considerations (performance,
security, and supported devices) that impact the deployment of wireless
solutions, as well as bringing you up to date on the state of the technology
Citrix makes available to you today - including a live demo.
OUR HOSTS for this month's meeting are:
REFRESHMENTS are being provided by Integrated Solutions Services, Inc., Mark
Kavinsky, Sales/Marketing Manager mkavinsky@xxxxxxxxx
<<mailto:mkavinsky@xxxxxxxxx>>
FACILITY is being provided by Business Smarts, Jerry Short, President
jerry.short@xxxxxxxxxxxx <<mailto:jerry.short@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
DIRECTIONS:
<http:\\www.busmarts.com\directions.pdf>
As always - please RSVP to Stephen Gray at sgray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you
plan on attending.
Stephen B Gray
Phone (330) 562 5201 x279
Fax (330) 995 9678
email: sgray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Regards,
Tom Brandes
Enterprise Relationship Manager
CiTR!X Systems, Inc.
Making the Virtual Workplace Real.
tom.brandes@xxxxxxxxxx
(440) 286-6778 Office
(440) 286-6779 Fax
(440) 796-1636 Cell
CiTR!X is the world leader in application-server software that provides
Digital Independenceä - the ability to deliver any application to any
device over any connection - securely - wireless to web.
CiTR!X Solutions for Application Deployment: bring new applications on line
in minutes, instead of months.
CiTR!X Solutions for Remote Office Connectivity: get new and remote offices
working together easily.
CiTR!X Solutions for Workforce Mobility: bring the office anywhere.
CiTR!X Solutions for Business Continuity: keep business information flowing,
no matter what.