[THIN] Re: Multiple JVM versions

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:31:30 +1100

Hi Angela,

You can have as many different versions of the JVM installed as you
wish, but only one can ever be associated to a browser at any one time.
So will this seamlessly work for you? Well it all depends on how well
the Java app has been coded. A larger majority of Java apps now days
will call/execute the relevant Java version they require. If it's not
there, it "usually" continues to execute using the default "associated"
version. So before you get scared off by words such as "isolation", you
need to test this first. If it will always use the default associated
Java version, then you need to isolate it, just like Kevin and Greg
suggested. So my point is, you can only test and see how it works, and
then take action from there, or ask the list for further advice. As
always, an application is only as intelligent as the developers that
wrote it!

Cheers,

Jeremy.