[THIN] Re: Multiple JVM versions

  • From: Kevin Stewart <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:01:28 -0500

The real question is what the JVM's are bound to. If all of them are needed
in the IE browser then you have to look at an isolation or virtualization
solution. I had success doing this with Thinstall back in the day, but I'm
sure any of the major players can handle the job. Has anyone done it with
Citrix App Isolation? Conversely, if they aren't tied to the browser, and
the applications that use it can manage their own instances of the JVM, then
you can run several versions without problems. For example, the old Citrix
Presentation Server Management Console had its own JVM.

Kevin Stewart

--
Kevin G. Stewart